How Countrywide helps until you pass your driving test!
Our goal is to teach our students to drive safely and to assist them in gaining their licence.
Why use us for your Driving Test ?
The Driving Test is a very important time for learner drivers because as soon as they pass they are able to "go solo" and drive on their own. This is a very big event in most young Australian's lives as it as
The student can be very nervous on this day and the lesson just before the test is very important for the Instructor to prepare them both physically and emotionally by calming their nerves and preparing them for the
Some learners prefer to take the test in the family car as they have had a great many hours of familiarity with it. Others prefer to attend the test with their driving instructor and attempt the test with the instructor. Countrywide Driving School offers our customers a Test service that is much more than just car hire!
Our offering is a Test Day Package service which is for 2 hours and includes a lesson before the test, instructor presenting the student for the test, use of our car for the test, debriefing and return to home at the end of the test. The price of this service is $150.00 when prepaid at the time of booking.
There are some very real benefits of our service including:
- Higher pass rates when the test is attempted in a driving instructors car
- A more relaxed Examiner as they have access to the dual controls
- The pre-test lesson time allows the instructor to calm, prepare and build confidence in the student just before the test
- The Driving Examiner will not conduct the test if in their opinion the vehicle is not roadworthy
- The Driving School cars are inspected by the Government every year
Our recommendation is that the student should take at least one lesson before the test. We are happy for this lesson to be a Keys2Drive Lesson (free to the student) if they qualify, and the focus can be The P Plate Ready Indicator program.
Who books and pays for the driving test?
In the spirit of outstanding customer
A test booking fee must be made either to us or directly to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) however the fee must be paid prior to booking a test. Tests can be booked using one of the following methods:
- Using one of
bookingsallocated to us (where we deliver a prepaid Lesson and Test Lesson)
- Booked via the TMR
- Customer books the test directly with TMR
- Saturday Tests arranged by us.
We charge $60.25 for the weekday booking fee which has a slight
Eligibility to Sit for the Practical Driving Test
The following general rules apply to determine if the learner is eligible to sit for the test on the day booked:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Must have held their learners licence for at least 12 months
- Must have completed 100 hours of supervised driving in their logbook
- The logbook must be approved by TMR before the student can undertake the test,
howeverwe can book the test in advance but we recommend this is no sooner that 3 weeks from when they send their logbook to TMR.
You are now able to sign submit your logbook with your signed copy of the Driving Experience Declaration Form before you turn 17,
howeveryou must be 17 on the day you sit your Q-SAFE practical driving test.
- Students who are 25 years of age or older or who hold an overseas licence are not required to complete a logbook.
Call us on 1300 557 187 to schedule a driving lesson.
"No yelling or abuse, just caring, quality controlled and tailored lessons to get your licence and stay safe on the roads for life!"